Now more than ever is the time for engineers, architects, builders, and consumers to consider a few basic questions before specifying, buying, and installing any air quality product.
In response to COVID-19, businesses and consumers alike are seeking ways to protect their colleagues, customers, and families using electronic air purification systems.
Many of these systems incorporate ionization, bi-polar ionization, plasma or ion generation, PCO, and related technologies. The public and air purification communities, along with supporting associations, are only now beginning to learn the potentially harmful effects of these products. See this CNN link, as an example: www.cnn.com/2021/05/03/health/air-filter-covid-scams-khn
Now more than ever is the time for engineers, architects, builders, consumers, and anyone specifying or purchasing air purification products or systems to consider a few basic questions before specifying, buying, and installing any product:
- Does the product have or specify a filter? If the answer is “No”, then you, your colleagues, and other occupants are the filter. As simple as that.
- Does the product offer to measure the air quality (PM 2.5, CO2, VOC), before and after installation, or to provide in situ testing before specification? If the answer is “No”, or the measurement is for “ions”, then you may well be installing a harmful or ineffective system.
- Does the product produce harmful
biproducts (ozone, CO2)? If there are no 3rd party tests to verify, the answer is “Yes”, then you are gambling with the health of your friends and colleagues.
- Does the product offer more than 2 years warranty, or one that is equivalent or better than the air handling unit for the system? If
the answer is “No”, you can expect to replace much if not all the system parts well during the life of the air handling unit.
CosaTron products and systems have been scientifically tested and proven in operation for over five decades with distinct advantages:
- CosaTron is the only electronic indoor air purification technology that promotes and specifies filtration for each product and every system. CosaTron is a proud business partner of the world’s most recognized filter manufacturers.
- CosaTron is certified through independent testing to NOT produce ozone or CO2.
- Each CosaTron product and system is engineered for the occupied space to provide and/or support the specified ventilation.
- CosaTron offers pre-installation testing in the occupied space, and post-installation testing of air quality.
- CosaTron provides a minimum of 5 years warranty on parts and labor, and up to 10 years on specified systems.
The fundamental principles of CosaTron technology support and promote the two primary elements of clean indoor air quality:
Ventilation & Filtration. Simply put, rounding up and moving submicron airborne particulate and aerosols to a filter for collection and removal from the occupied space.
Thank you for your time and attention. Choose wisely, and please contact us if you have questions or comments.
From the desk of:
Eric Streed, Chairman